WnSoft Forums

Help with Deluxe Upgrade

ricklis

I purchased the Deluxe Upgrade this past Sunday, recieved an email with the key file today, Wednesday. I cannot run it within windows (get an error message) and if I try to load it in the video builder pop up that says "Load Key" I get an error message that it is an invalid or corrupt key. The instructions I recieved are below:

"I have attached your register key to this e-mail. Please, save the file

to any folder, rename it to pte.key and run it to register the

program."

I have waited 4 days for the key for the upgrade and I cannot get it to install. Can anyone help? I am already 2 days behind on finalizing this project to DVD.

Thanks In Advance

I purchased the Deluxe Upgrade this past Sunday, recieved an email with the key file today, Wednesday. I cannot run it within windows (get an error message) and if I try to load it in the video builder pop up that says "Load Key" I get an error message that it is an invalid or corrupt key. The instructions I recieved are below:

"I have attached your register key to this e-mail. Please, save the file

to any folder, rename it to pte.key and run it to register the

program."

I have waited 4 days for the key for the upgrade and I cannot get it to install. Can anyone help? I am already 2 days behind on finalizing this project to DVD.

Thanks In Advance

AS in Peter's message, rename the file to *.reg. You can call it pte.reg, mykey.reg, whatever, but the file extension must be .reg.

When you have done that, double-click the filename; it will run and install the key and notify you if successful.

Using .key as an extension requires that the file be placed in the PTE folder, so when PTE is started it can see the key file and do the install from within PTE itself. It is simpler to use the .reg extension and just run it from wherever you put it.

Colin

AS in Peter's message, rename the file to *.reg. You can call it pte.reg, mykey.reg, whatever, but the file extension must be .reg.

When you have done that, double-click the filename; it will run and install the key and notify you if successful.

Using .key as an extension requires that the file be placed in the PTE folder, so when PTE is started it can see the key file and do the install from within PTE itself. It is simpler to use the .reg extension and just run it from wherever you put it.

Colin

Thank you for your help. My problem I have since figured out is that I was sent a key for PTE not VideoBuilder. I already have PTE, have had it for years. I got an email back today telling me I need to purchase VideoBuilder to get the key. I purchased it 5 days ago on Sunday 4/19 but have never recieved an email with the key. My credit card has been charged $26 as of Sunday 4/19. This is very frustrating since everything is done in different time zones with no phone service. I am about to give up and cancel the transaction with my cc company.

Thanks again.