WnSoft Forums

Modifying An Existing Slide Show

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have decided to go back to the original shows I produced & bring them up to-date with my current thinking. I use 5.6 exclusively now so those produced in 5.1 now use 5.6. One particular show has 200+ slides and runs for over 30 minutes. Much of the run time is taken up with animation which I now restrict compared to my early days. My question is, can I remove all the animation in bulk without trawling through each slide individually. I have to be careful as I didn't start with a folder for all the pictures so the originals are scattered around my records, so removing and re-installing the slides would be really painful.

Yachtsman1

Eric,

I'm not aware of any easy way to do it. Are the animations restricted to pans, zooms and rotates of the main images - or do you have independent objects participating in the animations (for example PNG files)?

If all your animations are on main images (with no independent objects) then you could try doing a direct edit of the pte project file in Notepad - if you feel confident enough to tackle that. If you do decide to give this a try, for goodness sake take a copy of the .pte file and work on that copy. Don't mess around with the original and destroy everything.

Open the copy pte file in Notepad and spend some time familiarising yourself with the lines of code associated with a static image and the lines of code associated with an animated image until you feel sure that you understand the differences. Then carefully set about "unanimating" an image - just one to begin with. Save this modified file and check your success by opening the modified pte file in PTE. If things are looking good, do a few more changes; saving frequently under a new name and checking in PTE after each save.

Good luck!

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Peter, they are all pans & zooms & what you suggest is beyond my capabilities. Since posting the request I have manually removed 75% of them so I will carry on this way & complete the rest.

Thanks for the suggestion, maybe it's a subject for a future AV group meeting?

Regards Eric