WnSoft Forums

Sound in PTE

Eyes

So, by the trial and horror method and with the help of this friendly community I've come to grips with sound in PTE. I think. It's just that it feels a bit inconsistent from time to time.

I have uploaded a document with my conclusions. I would very much appreciate if someone who knows better than I could have a look at it. If there are any mistakes it would be much easier if you could point them out instead of me continuing trying to find a solution. The document is three pages long.

Here is the link: Sound_in_PTE_5.6.pdf

when are you going to upload this ????????????

ken

"have tested it on one of my clients computers and the delay effect is even worse there. It certainly is no gamer puter, but still, the show is not that heavy.

I will upload my test show later today. I very much appreciate your help.

Edit: I guess from Colin's answer below that you were right, Xaver, so I won't upload the show. "

So, by the trial and horror method and with the help of this friendly community...

I've just downloaded and read your document. Much of its content is already covered by a couple of FAQs in the Tutorials and Articles section of the forum. Did you look at the FAQs when you were struggling to get things to happen?

regards,

Peter

when are you going to upload this ????????????

If you look at the line below the one you highlighted you can see that I edited the post saying I wouldn't upload, since I felt I had had the correct answer. Sorry, I guess I could have been a bit more clear about that.

It is obvious that there is no way of making the kind of syncronization I did and then count on it to behave properly on computers with different performance (referring to this post).

Did you look at the FAQs when you were struggling to get things to happen?

Yes, I did, but I feel they cover different aspects of the question in different places. I don't create a slideshow very frequently, and every time i make one I end up wrestling with the same sound issues since I forget about the lack of intuitivity when it comes to sound. I wanted one single document that covered all issues that I specifically encounter so I can browse through it next time before I start off. What I specifically want my future me to remember is to not use the music tab in the Syncronize Slide dialog. And to not make a soundtrack for the whole slideshow and then expect it to be syncronized in the same way on different computers. I just wondered if I got anything wrong in the document.