WnSoft Forums

object and animation freezes program

bfmckean

I started an animation yesterday and it worked fine but today when I tried to use the objects and animation tab the program freezes up and I have to alt control, delete and start over. I don';t know what to do. I have tried re-booting the computer but that doesn't work. I also installed the program again and that didn't work. I have downloaded the latest version 5.6.2.

Help please

Brian

Hi Brian,

We will probably need some more information before anyone can help.

You said it was working but not today. What happens when you start a new project? What operating system are you using? XP/Vista? What version of DirectX is installed on your computer (from command window type dxdiag). What graphics card are you using? (also can be determined by running the dxdiag program).

If you are new to PTE have you tried playing any of the demo shows? Do they play without freezing?

http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/slideshows.htm

Also, the newest version 5.6.3 is available to download from here.

http://www.wnsoft.com/download.htm

Tom

Thanks for the quick reply. I have windows xp and I have 9.0 DirectX. I have used this before and it worked fine. The demo shows work fine as does everything else when the program is open. I can play the slide show and add music but as soon as I click the animation tab it freezes up the program. I worked on the animation yeterday and it all worked fine. Shoul I try and download version 5.6.3??

Brian

Hi Brian,

Is it just one slideshow that is causing the problem? If so, could you use the backup option in PTE and upload it to mediafire? Someone here could test it to make sure it's not damaged. You could also try removing media and testing the objects and animation screen. If it works then slowly add media back.

Can you open this slideshow http://www.wnsoft.com/apr/show/PteShow_sources.zip in objects and animation screen?

I forgot to add that yes, I would install the latest version of PTE to see if it solves your problem.

Tom

No, I tried starting another slide show from scratch with only a couple of slides and I have the same results. As soon as I click on the animation tab, the tab disappears and the program locks up. All the other shows work fine, the demo as well. I downloaded the 5.6.3 and it is still occurring.I feel that I must have changed a setting somewhere although for the life of me I don't know where or what.

Very frustrating

Brian

Hi Brian,

When you downloaded and installed v5.6.3 did you first uninstall the previous version? The install process for PTE does allow versions to co-exist with one another but it also copies some of your preferences and settings from the old version to the new. If you do have a bad setting somewhere you are simply propagating it through each version. I would recommend that you uninstall ALL versions of PTE, clean your Registry with one of the many available Registry Cleaner utilities (e.g. Registry Booster or Advanced System Care) and then install v5.6.3.

regards,

Peter

Brian,

Usually this rare problem occurs because of damaged drivers of video card. Please install newest version from Windows Update or website of NVIDIA/AMD.

Yes I think this is what happened. What I did was a system restore and took it back a couple of days and it works fine now. I then downloaded the latest version. Thanks for all your help.

Brian