WnSoft Forums

Button Colour Change on 'Hover/Operate'

bwat

I use menus with buttons to start my exe shows and employ the colour change function of the button when hovering the mouse over the button or to show when the button is clicked. The slide timeline is set to 10 seconds and the programme is set in project options to keep the slide on screen until ESC is pressed.

This works OK with menus created in PTE v5.0 and v5.5 but after updating a menu using v5.63 the colour change only works for the duration set for the slide time as set on the timeline. After this time elapses the button text colur change function stops working. If the PTE file is re-opened and re-created in v5.5 then the button colour change works OK again.

Is this a bug in v5.63 or has the programme been changed to operate differently.

bwat,

Ive just tested the buttons text color in v5.63 ... and Im not able to reproduce your issue. The button text color changes correctly in various senarios for me.

You may want to upload just your .pte file for further investigation.

Thanks for your reply. Attach Zip file this contains one of my menus (pte and exe file) opened in v5.5 and v5.67 respectively.

Run v5.5 exe file and button text changes to red when 'hover' and blue when 'clicked'. Run v5.63 exe and there is colour change during the 4 second timeline interval but after this period both during 'hover' and 'click' no colour change.

Both exe files created using the same pte file. OK if opened and created on v5.5 but not if opened and created in v5.63. No settings, etc being changed.r

Menu___Miscellanous_v01_pte_5.5_5.63.zip

bwat,

It appears that v5.63 may have a version compatibility issue of some sort when importing/building from the older v5 file. The text color issue not only occurs on the button objects ... but can also occur with text objects using additional colors.

If you build your menu totally from scratch in v5.63 ... the project behaves correctly and works as expected with no text color issue.

If you import/build from the older v5 file with v5.63 ... set Customize Slide - Main Tab Timing to Loop This Slide to resolve the issue. Or you can disable Effects checkboxes on both Project Options and Customize Slide options and the file also behaves correctly.

bwat,

It appears that v5.63 may have a version compatibility issue of some sort when importing/building from the older v5 file. The text color issue not only occurs on the button objects ... but can also occur with text objects using additional colors.

If you build your menu totally from scratch in v5.63 ... the project behaves correctly and works as expected with no text color issue.

If you import/build from the older v5 file with v5.63 ... set Customize Slide - Main Tab Timing to Loop This Slide to resolve the issue. Or you can disable Effects checkboxes on both Project Options and Customize Slide options and the file also behaves correctly.

Thanks, it works OK.

I have decided to use the disabling of the effects checkboxes, thought this may use less graphics resources by continued refresh of the image by 'looping'.

All my menus now perform correctly again.

Many thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...